The goal of DC Shop Small is to share information and resources for local residents to be able to support small businesses in the DMV. With over 76,000 small businesses in the District of Columbia alone, it's imperative that our small business community stays alive.
VIRTUAL SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY: OUR IMPACT
On April 25, 2020 the first virtual Small Business Saturday was started as a way for local businesses to garner sales. Over 100 businesses across DC, Maryland and Virginia participated in the one-day event.
- Over $200,000 in sales were generated on 4/25 among local businesses.
- 46% of participants heard about the day through a fellow business owner
- 95.7% noticed an increase in website traffic on 4/25, and 87% noticed an increase in sales
- The average transaction was $50-$100 dollars for nearly half of the businesses
- 97.8% feel they gained new customers from the event
- Over 50% of businesses continue to get residual website traffic and sales directly from this site